Agility Shows and Events
Letchworth DTC Premier Agility Show
Our Kennel Club Premier Agility show will take place 1-3 September 2017 at Huntingdon Racecourse.
Closing date for entries is 21 July 2017.
Grade changes apply up to 7 August to be notified by 18 August.
Grade change information at http://www.agilityaid.co.uk
Our club show is fast approaching and we will be looking for as much help from club members as possible. The show can't run without you. If you would like to get involved before or during the show, please speak to Sandra.
The timetable is as follows:
- Tuesday 29th - Wednesday 30th August: Show Preparation (setting up fencing, camping facilities, marking pitches etc.)
- Thursday 31st August: Show Preparation & Competitors Arrive (organise camping, set up rings)
- Friday 1st September - Saturday 3rd September: Competition (help needed to run rings and in the kitchen)
- Sunday 3rd September: Competition & Show Pack Away
- Monday 4th September: Show Pack Away
If you are able to spare some time to help run the show please offer help to Sandra Hammond (Show Secretary). It doesn't matter if you've never been to a show before, other people will show you what to do.
Letchworth Members who help at our show get:
- One dog's entries free
- Free VIP camping or day parking near the rings
- A packed lunch on the competition days
- Dinner on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Schedules and Entry Forms
Schedules for Agility Shows on the Agilitynet website
Schedules for Agility Shows on the Agility Eye website
Schedules for Agility Shows on the Agility Aid website
To enter shows online use the ISS website http://www.ishowservices.com
To enter shows online use the ASO website http://www.agilityshows.online/default.asp
To enter shows online use the L&N website https://www.lnshowservices.co.uk
The Kennel Club awards Warrants to dogs that achieve clear rounds and places at Open agility shows. A dog achieving a warrant has letters added after its KC Registered name.
An explanation of warrants and the scoring system can be found at:
Kennel Club Agility Warrant
It is also explained in your Agility Record Book.
The points for each warrant are as follows:
- Bronze AWB 200 points (minimum 50 points in agility)
- Silver AWS 400 points (minimum 100 points in agility)
- Gold AWG 800 points (minimum 200 points in agility)
- Platinum AWP 1200 points (minimum 300 points in agility)
- Diamond AWD 1600 points (minimum 400 points in agility)
To apply for an Agility Warrant, download the application form from the Kennel Club's website.
Letchworth DTC Ring Parties 2017
We provide ring parties for other clubs' shows throughout the agility season in return for receiving help from other clubs at our show in September. We have agreed to provide a ring party at the following shows in 2017:
- Spring at Shuttleworth 8 Apr - Linsey is judging
- BATS - 21 May
- Wellingborough - 1 Jul - Elaine is judging
- Suffolk Five Rivers - 23/24 Sep
There are benefits to helping on a ring: you will get plenty of snacks and hot/cold drinks and sometimes you will get a free lunch or a voucher to spend on stalls. You may also receive camping or parking privileges (being closer to the rings) and jumping the queue when running your dog. When we at Letchworth run a ring, we make sure that the jobs are shared around and there are people to relieve you if you have to run your dog or take a break.
If you are attending any of the above shows, please put "Letchworth DTC" in the section on the entry form about ring party.
Letchworth DTC is not responsible for the content of external sites.